Call for analogue photographers
There is no signal at Kolorádó, so the best moments of the festival are often preserved as memories instead of being posted. We are looking for you, memory makers, who like to preserve these wonderful experiences in a different form. We welcome applications from analogue-only photographers who are not afraid to shoot in the dark, appreciate fast-moving festival people and can commit to having their analogue images correctly exposed and sharp.
You need to know:
- you must be at least 18 years old to apply
- we sign a contract with all volunteers before they start work
- if you want to volunteer elsewhere, we can provide you with a certificate
- your work will be rewarded with 10 rolls of film and their development, a refund of your prepaid festival pass, and a joint Kolorádó photo exhibition at the Turbina Cultural Centre in the autumn
Please include with your application:
- a portfolio of 10 images (analogue photos only)
- and a series of 10 images of any event, be it a festival, techno party, village fete, whatever – that proves you are comfortable in an event environment
- The two 10-picture requirements are not substitutes for each other, so a total of 20 photos are expected. The shooting technique is up to the photographer, it can be with or without flash, the main thing is to present the event well, so for example 10 portraits of 10 festival goers with flash is not enough
The volunteer programme is supported by Positivespace Lab.
Application deadline: 1 June